Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Walk at the Lake

This morning I went for a walk at the lake, since I don't get to work until 3:00. P.M.!


Garbage day on my street.













This is where I went to walk.











A pretty view.









































Helicopters fly over our town A LOT. They are rather loud, compared to birds chirping and the sound of the wind through the trees.










This is a pretty bird I saw in the marshy, protected area. I believe it is a Red-Winged Blackbird. They can really puff up those red feathers so that they look like shoulder pads from the '80s. These birds like to sit on the top of tall grasses and sway in the breeze.







Here is a cool fort I found by leaving the official trail and following a more subtle one. The best part is, I had never even noticed this secret trail before, and I've walked around the lake several times.






And this was the coolest part of the day! A huge turtle was laying eggs right by the push up bars! She had long claws. I really wanted to pick her up and see how heavy she was, but I restrained myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment