Thursday, June 26, 2008

 
 Here are some shots of my fruit tart. Wasn't it pretty? I don't mean to brag, but I was so happy that it turned out just like I had hoped. Beautiful and delicious. I'm making another one today, since I bought 2 pre-made pie crusts. This time I'm using regular cream cheese instead of marscapone (Italian cream cheese). Philly style is quite a bit tangier, but I think it will still be good.

The little one was for Emily, who can't eat wheat. I thought she might enjoy having her own little dessert, and I didn't want to waste any crust!
 





This is the chicken in its marinade. It was a caribbean-style recipe, and was good. It was not anything like jerk chicken that I've had before at restaurants, but still good. Not nearly as spicy!
  These are Jason's pickles. He was a little disappointed that they all got eaten at our dinner.

We had a really nice time with our company. Talking to them also reinforced my own decision not to be a lawyer. They were so stressed! They were so late from having to work all weekend on bullshit! Two have ulcers or pre-ulcers, in their 20s! That is SO not the right life for me. What a successful dinner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment