Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday

 
Today I made a juice of apples, ginger, and "Sugar Pears," which turned out to be less sweet than regular pears, so I now think of them as sarcastic fruit.

Those darn sarcastic pears refused to juice and just made mush in my juicer. I saved some mush to eat as pearsauce, which will probably be good, but not what I expected. Still, the apple and ginger juice with a hint of sarcasm was terrific.

--

Today was another snowy day, and after THUNDERSNOW last night (one of my favorite things! the crash of thunder and flash of lightning and then the gently falling flakes), today was super cloudy and dark and dim. A day requiring lights on all the time.

I just went out for a brief walk in the snow, and at 10:00PM, it is exactly as bright outside as it was all day. I can clearly see for blocks, and the sky is light grey. It is WAY too light for nighttime, yet way too dark for daytime.

Today should have been Friday the 13th, with the crazy lighting scheme. But since it is the 14th, it was just a super cool nighttime walk rather than a creepy, ominous set-up for unlucky events.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment