Sunday, November 1, 2009

Book 83: The Vanished Man

This Jeffery Deaver novel finds Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs tracking a serial killer who is also a magician. He does all kinds of magic: quick-change, sleight of hand, ventriloquism, light and sound effects, etc...

This one actually has TOO MANY twists and turns for me. I got annoyed about halfway through. It wasn't annoying enough to make me stop reading it, though.

I enjoy the humor, intelligence, and creativity of the writing, and the story line of Rhyme and Sachs's relationship. This was the last Lincoln Rhyme novel on my shelf, so I hope my parents have some more to pass on to me when I see them later this month. Will Rhyme ever have the experimental surgery that might lessen his paralysis? Will Sachs still like him if he can move, or is the attraction that he is immobilized? I must know.




I'm now 4 books behind in my two-a-week challenge. I think I'll be able to catch up in December when work will be slow, but there is a chance that I won't succeed! After all these months of diligently reading, I will be pretty disappointed if I don't reach 104 by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment