Monday, November 30, 2009

Book 91: Buster Midnight's Cafe

This is another novel by Sandra Dallas, who wrote The Persian Pickle Club. This one takes place in Butte, Montana, in the 30s and 40s.

Our narrator tells the true story of her famous friend who went from being a poor little girl to a prostitute to a Hollywood starlet. Along the way, she tells about another friend who became a famous boxer. She also tells about her own life and that of her best friend.

It's good, unpretentious storytelling, fun, and also a tear-jerker. It's fun to read about life in that era.

--

Oh My God! NaBloPoMo is over! I did it. I posted every day this month. Thanks for reading along.

Now to finish my reading challenge -- only 13 books to finish in one month.

Today I did one of my most-dreaded things: calling up customer service numbers to take care of stuff. And I did it THREE times. I had to get my online banking unlocked, set up a day to get our junk pile picked up by the thrift store, and call Nautilus about a faulty handle on my Bowflex Selectech dumbell. All three calls went very smoothly and I got great service. I was on the phone for over an hour, but it all seems to be taken care of. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment