Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 22

It's Day 22 of NaBloPoMo, and I haven't missed one yet! Eight more to go.

I'm 5 books behind on my reading challenge, and I only have 6 weeks left, so I'd better hurry and get caught up. 16 books to go.

I'm thinking of reading and/or finishing these:

*Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
*and its sequel, The Year of the Flood

*Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

*Buster Midnight's Cafe (by the author of The Persian Pickle Club)

*Notorious Victoria (about the first woman to run for U.S. President, plus an outrageous feminist otherwise)

And maybe some old favorites by Vonnegut, Paul Auster, and Jim Thompson.

In 2010, I am excited to read 2666 by Roberto Bolano, a LONG book that I couldn't spare time for this year. I also want to re-start Don Quixote and finish it this time.

I'm feeling more and more interested in reading history books, but I want them to be entertaining, not dry. I'd like to read a great history of the building of the Great Wall of China. If you know of one, tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment