Thursday, November 5, 2009

Book 84: A Dirty Job

A Dirty Job, by Christopher Moore, is funny, surprising, imaginative, smart, and weird. It's a fun read.

The main character, Charlie, suddenly becomes a Death Merchant. He has to help with the redistribution of souls. All kinds of things happen in and around second-hand stores and sewers. There's a baby, and taxidermy, and little fancy costumes, and giant dogs, and Celtic Gods.



If I don't finish another book by the end of this week, I'll be 5 books behind on my challenge. I need to finish the ones that I've already started, but I am drawn to other books instead. I guess I need to decide if it is really important to me to reach 104 this year, or if I just wanted to see if I could read a lot of books.

Searching my heart...

I'm going to be pretty pissed if I don't reach 104! So I guess the important thing is meeting the exact goal of 104 books read in 2009.

Next year, I'm not doing this. I think I will make a different reading challenge for myself, focused more on quality than quantity. Like, reading more nonfiction and biographies and Fine Literature. And I want to read a book in Spanish. And I'll probably still read a bunch of mysteries now that they've wormed their way into my good graces.

(Are there BAD graces, and if so, what are they??)

No comments:

Post a Comment