Monday, November 9, 2009

Healthful Eating Mode

 

During this window of time between Halloween candy and Thanksgiving pies, I'm in the mood for salads, fruit smoothies, turkey wraps, and homemade burritos.

Ever since we started packing to move, I've been eating more processed foods, fast foods, junk foods, beer, and soda than normal. We moved, and then we were unpacking, and then we got sick and I didn't feel like making good food, and since then I've had a hard time getting back to my usual eating habits. Generally, I eat half health-nut food and half just-okay or kinda-crappy food. I usually do not drink any soda (really I just drink water and coffee with milk 99% of the time). But I've been eating lots of junk and only a little health-nutty for about 2 months now.

So, with Jason on the road for a week, I have a great opportunity to re-set my habits and eat better. I hate to waste food, so buying lots of produce is a great way to force myself to eat it. Today has gone well, and I hope to keep it up all week.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment