Monday, October 27, 2008

A Commitment to Writing

I have promised myself that I will write at least ONE SENTENCE of my novel every day. Yesterday was the first day and I ended up writing a chapter. I still have to do my sentence today.

So far, the book pretty much sucks. But, I'm going to force myself to finish it anyway. For one thing, the plot is good, the characters are good, and I can fix the rest in revision. For another thing, even if it turns out terribly, I still want to accomplish this thing, and take this risk at failing. I can't keep hiding out from doing things just because I might fail.

Hopefully the one sentence will often lead to more each day and maybe I could finish it by 1/01/09! I won't make any promises about that, but I am going to write ONE SENTENCE per day indefinitely.


LATER: I wrote about a page, and now I have to go watch "Weeds." Jason has borrowed season 3 from his co-worker, so we can finally find out what happened! We've seen seasons 1, 2, and 4 already.

No comments:

Post a Comment