Friday, October 3, 2008

Alternate styling

 
 

Here it is a bit smoothed down and tucked behind my ears. Sonia likes to add volume ON TOP of my head, but I feel that it looks middle-aged that way. I prefer to have the volume in the back, on top, but not too much. I'm unable to undo her styling enough to show you how I will probably make it look every day, and you might not even be able to see the subtle difference, but I will. And hey, it's my hair so if I'm happy, that's what matters.

So, to pick up the story where we last left it: Jackie had told me that Sonia would be working today from 2 until 9. At 2:10, I called there to make sure Sonia was working. Donna yelled into the phone, "WHO!?" So that was a good start, because at least it wasn't Jackie! Donna finally admitted that Sonia worked there, and told me she would be in at 3:00.

I got there at like 3:15 and had to wait until 4:00, since Sonia always has a line. But, she cut my hair just like I said to, and then she styled it as though I'm middle-aged. She tried to sell me some products, but I have PLENTY of various styling agents, so I resisted! She said something like, "Isn't it great when someone else styles your hair? And then when you go home, you can never get it to look the same." And I looked at my helmet head and thought, "Thank goodness I can't replicate this at home!"

Jackie wasn't there at all, which was a real treat. Since blogging about her, I have developed a real disliking to her and her lack of professionalism and her odd behavior.

Sonia got a lot of the Jackie-too-short hair to blend in with this cut, but it will probably be another 2 months before all of it has grown out. I will keep it short until then, and probably by then a lot of the bleached hair will be grown out enough to cut it off and have my natural hair color again. It looks a lot darker to me in these pictures than it does in person.

Anyway, I'm happy now and you can relax and know that I probably won't have any further hair saga for about a month. I don't know what I'm going to write about, but I'll try to find SOMETHING.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Did Sonya use a razor or shears? In my professional opinion, razoring would look great on you. I think you might even be able to buy one of your own at a beauty supply place. But be careful! It's sharp and you'll Jackie your hair up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First shears, and then razor for shaping. I took a bunch of pictures the other day when I thought it looked really good, but I couldn't capture it properly on film. Then my camera battery died and my other battery was already dead and I couldn't find my charger no matter how I looked. (It was in the place I thought it should be, but was sneakily hiding behind a kleenex box.)

    I think I'm scared to have a razor of my own. I was sort of thinking last night that I want the weight in the back to be a little higher, and imagining how I could do that myself. I have to resist! I will totally Jackie it up if I try to do the back myself. Maybe if I had like a 3-way mirror setup, BUT I DON'T. NO, Tonya. No.

    ReplyDelete