Sunday, October 5, 2008

Quilt Progress

 
Last night I got the second side of my quilt put together. I also piled up the two sides with the batting (made the sandwich) and have been hand-basting them together. I have 3 sides done. Next, I will sew those seams on my machine to try to Defray future Fraying (HA!).

Then I will put on an edging, which I think I will have to do by hand. I don't think my machine can go through that many layers, but I may try that first to see if I can save time and have really neat and consistent stitching. (I just read on a website that generally the binding is machine-sewn to the front, and then hand-sewn to the back. My machine may be able to do that.)

Finally, I will do the quilting. I think I want to sew some kind of design (not just straight lines), but I haven't decided what it will be yet. Stars are the obvious answer for me, but I kind of want a more floral design. I'll see what I think up.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I see paisleys on some of your squares. What if you stitch paisley shapes for your quilting? Is that too hard? I think it would look pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous quilt that will be!

    I love those fabrics! We've got very similar taste in fabric designers...I think I even HAVE some of those!!

    Thanks for sharing your methodology with us! It's interesting to see different people making something generally the same...but doing it so differently!

    Can't wait to see the FO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi friends! I decided to just sew different flowing shapes into it -- squiggles and loops and the occasional skeletal tree. You can only see the stitching if you look really closely, so I think it will be cool.

    Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete