Saturday, October 11, 2008

COLD!



Today the warmest it got was 39 degrees! I picked all my tomatoes and brought them inside to see if they'll ripen on the counter. Tonight it is supposed to freeze. There has been a cold, cold, spitting rain going all day, so I don't think many plants are going to survive the night.

I'm so glad that my tree turned bright red before today! Rain and freezing often ruins the fall colors, and the leaves just turn brown and fall off.

It's so nice to be able to stay in today (mostly) and do inside things while it's cold and yucky outside. I just ate some leftover chicken enchildas (that I made last night) and feel so content and relaxed today. I've been casually cleaning a little at a time, and reading the third of the 'Twilight' books (they're young adult books about vampires and werewolves and teen angst, and quite addicting!)

I got the binding on my quilt, but I undid my quilting on it. I thought I had a satisfactory way of doing it, but now I don't like it. I might -- hold on to your hats -- leave it unquilted and more like a blanket! But, I do want to make sure the batting stays in place. I'll let you know if/when I figure it out.

I hope you're having a nice Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment