Monday, October 27, 2008

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest


Today I took a break from horror (sort of) to watch 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.' There are two great instances of actors working together in this movie and in later movies or t.v.

Jack Nicholson is the star, and Scatman Crothers plays the night guard. They appear together in 'The Shining,' in which Scatman is Dick Hallorann and Jack, of course, is Jack. Jack gets to cause trouble for the working man in both movies!

Danny DeVito and Christopher Lloyd both play mental patients in 'Cuckoo,' and later appear together in the show "Taxi." Lloyd's "Taxi" character, Jim, used to give my sister nightmares. He acted crazy on "Taxi." It's a good thing she never saw 'Cuckoo!'

Now I kind of want to watch 'The Shining,' to see Jack and Dick Hallorann (Plus I LOVE it when that kid talks with his finger!), and I kind of want to watch 'An Angel At My Table,' to continue the mental hospital, electric shock, lobotomy theme. What will I choose??

No comments:

Post a Comment