Saturday, April 10, 2010

New House DAY 9

So, our appliances did not arrive on time. Angry, bitter, threatening words were exchanged with a salesman, and OUR salesman, who had the day off, called us from his house to work things out. *Someone* was supposed to have called us on Tuesday (Day 7) to let us know that there was a delay and we would not get our stuff until Friday (Day 10). *Someone* did not call us. We got a discount.

So, we did a few things that day with our frustration energy:

Jason painted the baseboards in his office. The color is Ancient Bog! Sparky, do you like that name? I sure do. Ancient Bog. I like saying it theatrically.

 

I received some roses and tomato transplants via UPS (plus I brought over my pepper seedlings from the old place -- there are bell peppers and three kinds of hot peppers for making salsa, plus tomatillos).

 

And I laid down the first coat of paint in our closet. It's called Blue Silk. It starts out such a pale blue that it looks off-white. But as they say on every home improvement show, It'll Dry Darker.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment