Saturday, April 3, 2010

New House DAY 3

First I'll go back to Day 2 for a moment and show you that Jason started painting his office. It will have a darker green color on the bottom half of the wall.



On Day 3, we painted some grey walls in the TV room (the color is called "Secret Passage"). Jason took down the old ceiling fan and dining room light and put up new ones.

Before: off-white



After: Secret Passage Grey



I painted the walls grey above the kitchen cabinets (I will do a second coat today). Jason removed all of the mis-matched existing backsplash, which consisted of two different shades of beige tiles and was sloppily done.

Before:



During:



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the daily updates, Ton! Lookin' Good! (I'm trying to get Mazie to say "lookin' good" but she refuses.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! Do you find that you are attracted to some colors more than others simply because of the name? Connor's room colors are Applesauce and Banana Cream. I hope it doesn't make him hungry. I really like the light fixture in the dining area and recessed lighting in the kitchen.

    Be sure to update us on any neighbor news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stefanie, you'll get Mazie to be your parrot some day! ;) She was stubborn when Jason kept trying to get her to say "what a rooster says." Her cock-a-doodle-doo is adorable, but she's not just giving it away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, Connor's colors sound delicious! It sure doesn't hurt when paint colors have appealing names. I wonder how you get the job of paint-color-namer. Are they psychologists?

    Thanks about the dining room light! It's from Lowe's. We don't like lights that have bare bulbs pointing down at us, so we really like having the shade on the bottom like that.

    Jason met a neighbor! I was painting my office and I saw them in the yard, talking over the fence for like half an hour. The neighbors are a couple around our age, with no kids. They have two little dogs that like to play tug-of-war in their own yard and are not super-barky. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete