Monday, April 5, 2010

New House DAY 5

I don't have much to show you, but I did finish touch-ups on the ceiling and walls and I took the tape down. Jason put back up some of the blinds. We put the outlet covers back on, and it feels like a real room.

 
 

I didn't get to the fireplace and trim yesterday. We went to Lowe's and then showed the place to a couple friends. It was so nice to sit in the sunshine and talk with them for a while! But today we will be back to our normal, long day of work.

Jason took the tape off in his office, too, and it looks great. He still has to do the trim and decide whether or not to paint the ceiling (that is the worst job!) and put his doors back up.

On the agenda for today:
* mortar and affix tile backsplash in kitchen
* paint fireplace and trim
* paint hallway from garage to living room

Oh, and I went to 7-11 last night and the man working there was wearing a kilt and he rides a bike to work. I overheard him talking to another customer, and I believe the gist was: THE BRAND NEW 7-11 IS ALREADY HAUNTED!! I will have to research that plot of land and see if it used to be an Indian burial ground. Also, did you know that you can't buy lottery tickets after midnight? How long has it been since I was in a gas station after midnight?
.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. 1. Love the mosaic tile. Let me know if it's worth the work.

    2. Did you choose Crocodile Tears because you liked the name the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Thanks! So far, we love it. It is a lot of work, but it looks pretty cool. Jason is still working on sealing it and putting up our stainless steel switchplates, and I'll take a decent picture so you can see it at its best (like in actual daylight!)

    2. I didn't actually choose any colors because of their names, but I did them a lot while choosing colors. Ancient Bog is pretty sweet. Our bedroom will be mostly Innuendo. Our ceiling color is Horseradish, which isn't appealing to me, but I like that particular off-white shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. * note to my comment -- I did enjoy READING THE NAMES of the colors while I was choosing them. I forgot to type some words :)

    ReplyDelete