Sunday, April 4, 2010

New House DAY 4

I painted the other wall in the living/dining/kitchen Crocodile Tears green. When I put the first coat of paint up, it looked horrible! I think it will look good in the end, though.

 

In the kitchen, I finished my work above the cabinets. I think I'll only have to walk on the counters one more time to get the remaining tape down.

 

Here is the glass mosaic tile backsplash we are going to use. It's called Urban Camouflage. We will work on that this week. We want to get it done before our appliances are delivered on Thursday.

 

Jason's office is coming along nicely (it's further along than this). He also changed all our locks so that no unscrupulous realtor can get in our house. The seller's realtor STILL has not removed the lock box from our screen door. His sign is still there, too (though we pulled it out of the yard and leaned it up against the porch). Maybe that's normal, but it is very rude. We don't want his crap at our house!


 

Today I plan to touch up the ceiling, paint the mantle, and do all the trim. Then I can take a decent photo in the daylight and we can all see how the colors look.

The work just never ends, you guys. We have to put the blinds back up, but they are either dirty or sun-stained. Should we take them all the way apart and paint each piece? And the dining room blinds have flowers on them, so we'll replace them with plain ones some day -- but should we go ahead and do it now? You can buy them at Home Depot and Lowe's. We so badly want to move forward into other rooms, yet we want everything done properly.

Also, I feel old. My body aches and my right hand is a little swollen and just wants to make a claw. Both thumbs hurt from scraping off that wallpaper border, and another finger has cracked in the corner by the nail. My legs are bruised from leaning against the ladder rungs. My feet are tired. My elbows feel tennis-elbowy. My shoulders are hunched up by my ears.

It's still fun.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment