Friday, April 2, 2010

New House DAY 2

The new house came with this wallpaper border in the kitchen and dining room. I did not, do not, and will not like it.



On Day 2, I battled with that wallpaper border and I WON! Doesn't the kitchen look nicer without it? Well, it's full of moving stuff, but don't the WALLS look better?



When our first visitors stopped by, I was crouched on top of the refrigerator to reach the last bit of wallpaper above it. The visitor were completely unfazed.



And I painted the pantry Cornmeal Yellow.



And I painted the living room ceiling. (No photo available, but imagine that it was whitish before, and now it's whitish.)

Discovery of the day: Our circuit breaker box is on the outside of the house, setting up the perfect serial killer home invasion scenario. Some stormy night, a maniac sneaks into the back yard and shuts off the power. We have to go out in the rain with weak flashlights to try to see what's going on. That's when he sneaks in the house! A game of creepy cat-and-mouse ensues. But what he doesn't know is that we are a rare breed of liberals -- the gun-totin' kind! With my Concealed Carry License, I could be packing heat almost any time, anywhere! Don't mess with my breaker box, maniacs, or you'll be sorry. Plus all the hours I've logged doing kickboxing -- surely punching and kicking the air translates into real ass-kicking abilities, right?

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment