Thursday, April 1, 2010

New House DAY 1

Today we bought our own house!

Here is the summary of our day:

*Closing

*Packed up cars and unloaded at new house, measured for appliances and paint, cleaned some cabinets

*Bought new kitchen and laundry appliances

*Bought tile for backsplash, mortar, grout, and tools

*From a different home improvement store, bought paint and painting tools and light fixtures

*Picked up some beers

*Cleaned kitchen and pantry and partially removed my nemesis, Wallpaper Border


Items found while cleaning:
1. Teensy bottle of nitroglycerin tablets (drink lots of water while taking these pills!)

2. Voodoo curse razor blade in drawer (the curse goes something like, "You bought our house for less than we paid for it. We hereby wish to befall you a horrible razor blade cut when you are cleaning our hair out of the kitchen drawers!") Don't worry! I waylaid the curse by picking up a lucky penny in the Home Depot parking lot earlier and I totally found the razor blade without cutting my hand open.

Tomorrow: Day 2, obviously. I plan to paint the kitchen, dining room, and TV room, which all run together, all open-floor-plan-y. First I have to remove the rest of the cursed wallpaper border, of course. I'll report back.
.

2 comments: