Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Trying To Keep My Chin Up

So, I'm in need of a better job. A job with more consistent pay, and that is somehow rewarding. I mean, I like fixing people's spelling; don't get me wrong. But it's kind of for useless things. I would like to fix BOOKS or MAGAZINES or something that someone actually reads.

Mostly, though, I need much steadier income. What I have now is great when there's work, but there seems to be less and less work, which means no pay.

I'm over-educated and my experience is in things that I don't want to do. I don't particularly want to work in banking, or in retail. I want to use my law degree somehow without practicing law.

I apply for jobs that I'm correctly qualified for, and those that I'm overqualified for, and those for which I'm WAY overqualified, and I'm not getting any interviews! Why don't they like me?

I keep feeling like I'm somehow just barely missing the key to it all. If you know what I'm doing wrong, just tell me. You know how it's so easy to look at someone else's problem and say, "Jeez, gimme a break. Just do XYZ. It's so OB-vious!"? Well, do that for me. Find the so OB-vious answer for me and tell me what it is.

Okay? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment