Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Book 63: Shakespeare's Landlord

Another Charlaine Harris mystery. In this series, Lily Bard is a cleaning lady with a horrific past. She keeps herself separated from everyone to avoid having to talk about her life. But one night she sees something that draws her into the lives of her neighbors.




Since she cleans so many of their homes, she is able to snoop around and find clues she needs to solve crimes.

Lily is tough. She wins fights against men, she lifts weights, she doesn't let anyone in, emotionally. She's another interesting character from Charlaine Harris.

I got this one and the second in this series with my new library card. I love being able to read books for FREE and then just give them back, rather than wondering if I should sell them or give them away, or if I'll want to keep them and for future re-reading. BUT, it is so annoying to get hooked on a series and then some other jerk is reading the next book! I'm having to adjust to that aspect of using the library.

I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't had a library card in at least 10 years. But I'm trying to make up for it now by stopping in every few days to exchange books. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment