Sunday, July 26, 2009

Running from a Squirrel

On Friday I walked out front to check the mail, passing under the tree next to our driveway. There was a cute little squirrel sitting up on its haunches. Awww.

Then it started to run towards me! I told it, "No! No!" but it scurried closer and closer. I was obviously forced to run in the other direction, taking a longer route to the mailbox.

After retrieving the mail, I had to pass the squirrel again. Again, it was sitting so cutely, looking around innocently. Again, it began to run towards me! This time I managed to speed walk past it, rather than actually running. I looked back, and it was still slowly creeping towards me, with a "That's what I thought!" look on its tiny face.

I'm guessing that there are babies in the tree, and the strange behavior was meant to keep me from getting too close to them. OR it's rabid and wanted to bite my ankle with its tiny teeth, that jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment