Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Cliche Resolution

This winter, I am going to lose 10 pounds of fat! I have all this good muscle that I've built up over the past few years, but it is covered in a layer of fat. I want to see the muscles. I want to see my abs for once in my life.

I love exercise, so that's not a problem. I will keep up my normal habit of working out almost every day. I'm actually shortening the time I spend on it to about 35 - 40 minutes a day. Usually I spend at least an hour a day. Mixing things up is a good way to make changes in a body. I'm doing heavy lifting three days a week and cardio intervals two days a week. I'll add a steady state cardio day and a yoga day each week.

The PROBLEM is dieting. I love junk food! I love to drink beer! I love to eat great, nutritional food all day long and then eat a huge amount of crap at night! Today is Day 2 of my dieting plan. I am doing okay so far. I'm cooking a variety of foods so I don't get bored, and I'm eating 5 times a day to ward off hunger. I'm not eating super low-cal, but concentrating on good, healthy foods and no junk, and a reasonable number of calories for someone my size. I'm going for 1800 calories a day, which for me has been a weight-loss number in the past, provided I'm working out hard and eating good food. If I were to eat less than that right now, I would feel like crap -- exhausted, starving, grumpy, weak. I may be able to scale it down a bit if I need to later. I can't imagine eating the 1200 usually recommended by women's magazines! I would be so sick!

I've lost 1 pound already! Only 9 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment