Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Book 5: The Gingerbread Girl

I forgot about this one: The Gingerbread Girl by Stephen King. Jason and I listened to this one on CD while driving back from New Mexico. Mare Winningham read it.



I always wish for King to write more stories and novels that don't involve supernatural elements, and here was one! Mare does a great job reading it, and is easy to listen to.

I haven't listened to a book on tape for a long time, so I kept tuning out and then having to remind myself to pay attention. I really liked the beginning of it, and the middle was okay, and the end seemed to drag on and on forever. I think it would have been better if I'd paid attention the whole time. I used to really enjoy books on tape, but I'm out of practice at listening for so long.

Yes, part of my job is listening, but it's usually about an hour at a time. I bet I listened to the first hour well, and then started to daydream and stopped paying attention.

So, I don't feel like I really gave it a fair listen. Perhaps I'll listen again sometime while cleaning or doing something else around the house, or while crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment