Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Francis Hates Yoga

I did a yoga practice tonight that involves a breathing technique called "Breath of Fire." It's basically a fast sniffing, in and out, or a light panting through the nose. It really freaks out the cat! I've been doing this kind of yoga for several years, and he has always hated it, but he learned to stay out of the room until I'm done.

Tonight, he came running in, squealing at me, and chomped on my calf. Then he jumped up in the air to grab onto my arm and bite it! I had to put him out of the room and tell him to go see what Jason was doing.

He gave me a meaningful, "You are betraying me!" look and sat in the hallway outside the room, with his back turned to me, hunched up angrily.

When I've visited my family, their cats were also upset by Breath of Fire, and also refused to just go into another room.

Oh, cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment