Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Tooth Doctor

So, I was greeted by hygienists saying, "Your appointment is going to be so fast! Your cavities are so little! I wish my fillings were so little!" And I got 3 fillings really quickly. Then the dentist checked their work and noticed that my top back tooth was chipped, and it hadn't been when I was there two weeks ago. She triple-checked my x-rays, and is sure it wasn't chipped two weeks ago.

So, they had to fill that spot, too. That one was a bit bigger. Even though I got really tired of being there, I'm glad she caught it so I could just get it taken care of. Now I have 6 months with no weird objects in my mouth, no stinky latex gloves, no foul-tasting numbing agent (needed only for the 4th, surprise filling), and no foul-tasting bonding agent. Yay!

Also YAY is that my fillings are white (A-1 is the color). I'm so glad they do that now! Two of my new ones are on the bottom, so if I laugh, you could see them. But since they're not silver, you'll never know they're there. The joke's on you, mouth-looker!

********

The longer the day goes on, the more I feel those blisters inside my eyelids. Knowing what is wrong really makes me aware of it! My poor eyelids! I can't wait for them to heal up and feel normal again, after years of being mildly to very uncomfortable.

I'm also pretty excited about my cute new glasses. Maybe they'll be ready early and I can pick them up when I go back to follow up on the contacts I'm trying out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment