Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Things I made today

 
I made roasted chicken and potatoes for dinner. Here's how to make chicken really tender:
1. Marinate the chicken in some form of liquid. I used water, but often we use beer. You can use fancy things, if you are fancy. If you are fancy, you should probably pronounce it Frenchily: "Mahr-ih-nodh."

2. When it's time to cook the chicken for dinner on Monday night, say, "Hey, do you feel like going to Chili's for dinner?"

3. 24 hours later, finally remove the chicken from the marinade or (water) and cook it.

I put some chopped ginger and garlic on half the potatoes. Since it was a new experiment, I didn't want to ruin all of the potatoes if it was gross. But, it wasn't! They were good, and not too strong. I think a good idea might be to puree the garlic and ginger and then brush it on. Maybe next time.


I made two pillows today.

 
Their job is to sit in my chair, not only looking cute but also keeping Francis the Cat from sitting in and shedding all over it. He loves that chair so much, and fits so well in it when he curls up to nap, but it is a magnet for his fur.

I also took a lovely walk around the lake and enjoyed the nearly-70 degree weather! I was astounded by the periodic winds that roared and stung my eyes. Tomorrow we are supposed to wake up to snow. The weather people are admonishing those who drive to work to leave 20-30 minutes early. I don't have to be anywhere until 2:00, when I will get my teeth cleaned after 4 years of not seeing a dentist. Hopefully there are no bad surprises. I have always loved that post-cleaning feeling of sharp edges between my teeth.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment