Thursday, December 4, 2008

Jack of all trades

Guess what I did the other day! I fixed my sewing machine. All by myself, with screw drivers and sewing machine oil and blowing air into mechanisms. It seemed to be dead, and was making a very HOT smell. It would only stitch v e r y s l o w l y a n d w i t h a g r o a n i n g. And then, once I was done with my tune-up, it was zipping along like a silent race car.

Here was the tricky part: I checked the manual, and it didn't help me at all! I just kept taking parts off and cleaning them and blowing on them to get any lint off, and then I finally oiled a part that isn't even shown in the manual as being an oil-needing area, and it was like a sewing machine miracle!

If I can't be successful at work, at least I can have these other kinds of accomplishments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment