Saturday, June 27, 2009

Waiting for Retribution

Yesterday at the garage sale, I sold a bunch of comic books to a neighbor boy. Later, he kept coming over and looking at a Matt Groening book, The Big Book of Hell. He liked it because it looked like The Simpsons.

I told him that I didn't think he'd find it very funny. We looked at a few pages together, and he was appalled at the shoddy artwork. PLUS he did not think the book was funny.

Finally he asked me why every page had that bad word on it. Why did it keep saying THE H WORD?

I told him that it isn't a very bad word for grown-ups. But we agreed that it wasn't a good book for him.

It dawned on me that I probably shouldn't have sent him off with all those Tank Girl comics. Oopsie.

Well, maybe his parents won't ever find them, come after me, and report me for corrupting neighborhood youth. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment