Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday In Denver

Today we went to the store Mod Livin' to spend my $25 gift certificate (which I won at Roller Derby). We found a cute kitchen timer for $33.62, including tax. It was TOTALLY worth the $8.62 we had to spend on it. We would never have paid $33.62 for it. We have a perfectly good, chicken-shaped timer already.

Then we realized that Denver's Gay Pride Festival was going on, so we stopped in and strolled around, seeing lots of interesting Drag Queens and muscle dudes dancing in their underpants.

We also saw:


DEBBIE FREAKIN' GIBSON!


She sang, "Only In My Dreams," with the help of a very strong backup tape. She looked amazing. It was so fun. Youngish gay men had albums and VHS tapes for her to sign! I had no idea she was any sort of gay icon.

Then we got to come home and watch HBO's new show, "Hung," which seems promising. And you know we watched "True Blood," which I really enjoy even though I know it's kind of trashy.

Tell you more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment