Thursday, June 18, 2009

Book 49: The Cold Moon

The Cold Moon is another detective mystery by Jeffery Deaver. It stars Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs as the brilliant minds deconstructing an even-more-than-normal-for-Deaver complicated plot.

Deaver wrote The Bone Collector, which was made into a movie starring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie as Rhyme and Sachs, so I always picture them when I read these novels. And of course I picture Rhyme's gay male nurse as played by Queen Latifah!

This book starts off a little clunkily but quickly hits its stride and is as entertaining as the rest of Deaver's work. But seriously, a very, very complicated plot is hatched by the bad guy.



FYI: I almost started ANOTHER book last night, but I decided that since I'm already reading 8, I'll try to finish one before I start another. If you weren't acting as witnesses, I'd probably be reading The Glass Castle right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment