Saturday, November 29, 2008

Semi-Homemade Thanksgiving

 
 
 
This year, Jason and I were on our own for Thanksgiving, and I decided to cook. Please imagine me dictating this post in Sandra Lee's snotty, nasally, condescending voice.

The only dish I made from scratch is mashed potatoes. I add a little bit of garlic for extra flavor without too much extra salt. Jason really likes it, though I'm not sure he knows WHY he likes it.

I heated up a pre-cooked turkey breast, which had a great, peppery taste. I love peppered turkey from the deli!

I made Stove Top stuffing, cornbread variety.

Crescent rolls from a tube.

I heated up corn and beans which I did not grow myself.

I bought a pecan pie and a frozen pumpkin pie, and used Cool Whip instead of whipping my own cream.

As far as beautifying the table, we appreciated the beauty of our new table without adornment, and the cleanliness of it with no cat hair or cat footprints or cat on it.

It was a success! I only very slightly burned the crescent rolls, and everything was ready at the same time: 12:40. I had predicted that it would be ready between 12 and 1, so it was right on. I don't think I've ever coordinated so many dishes to be ready at the same time before. I really admire that my Dad is an expert at timing meals with many dishes.

After we ate, Jason loaded the dishwasher and hand washed some stuff while I cleared and cleaned the table and put away the leftovers. That was really nice! It's so nice to split up the clean-up.

Then he watched football and I watched You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle while finishing making some ornaments. I love watching movies and doing a project. It was a great day, with a lot of appreciation for how much I have and how lucky I am to have time and means to do the creative things that make me so happy. I am also so lucky to know so many great people. Thanks, my friends, for adding to my life!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment