Saturday, November 29, 2008

hair update

Sparky, what do you think of my wings? Sometimes I make it smoother, but today I went for some little wings. 
 
I bet someone out there has been dying to have an update on my hair! Well, your Thanksgiving wish is coming true!

First of all, of course I couldn't resist buying my own razor comb, as suggested by Sparky, and slicing away at my own hair. So, I've been cutting it myself for a while. I am very happy with it! It was tough to figure out to do the back myself, and it takes me a long time since I have to look in a handheld mirror and the bathroom mirror, pick up the hair I want to cut, put down the hand mirror and pick up the razor comb, and finally cut.

BUT! It is finally looking how I originally wanted it to look! This is the haircut I asked for months ago, and then two more times after that, and it never came close. I don't have the back exactly how I want it, but I don't really know what's wrong with it, so I can't fix it yet. It's good enough though.

I also dyed it brown, and at first it was black around my face and I got to wear pretty heavy, dark eye makeup and lipstick and look fairly goth. I put on full coverage foundation to get my complexion as white and un-freckled looking as possible. It was fun! After a few days, it faded to this color, and it's lasted for almost a week. I think this dye is finally going to take. I've dyed it red at least a few times and had it fade back to strawberry blonde, which would be cool except that I'm tired of dealing with dark roots and light hair for now. FOR NOW, I am liking it being similar to my natural color. I reserve the right to blondify or otherwise alter it in the future.

I had a dream the night before last that I went back to Sonia and got it cut, and she cut my bangs in a heart shape. So, they came down to a point in between my eyebrows and then arched up over each brow. I actually thought it was SUPER CUTE in the dream, but I was SO PISSED because SHE KNEW that I was growing out my bangs to have a chin-length bob, and she cut them short again. I have such a vivid memory of looking at myself in the mirror and feeling both really happy at how cute I looked, but really angry that Sonia betrayed me again. It makes me giggle to think of it.
I don't know why, but my camera won't focus on my incredible artwork. It must be intimidated by my talent.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment