Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I didn't do anything! I'm still only at 2.5 pages. I'll try to add to it today. I'm trying to figure out how to narrate it. It starts, so far, with one character's diary. But I think I'm going to jump around to tell it from several different characters' perspectives. That can get annoying, and I don't think I've tried it before. So, it's an experiment!

Today I might only have one assignment for work, so I should have time to write after I'm done and no excuses not to do it.

Tonya

1 comment:

  1. Have you read "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver? It is about a Baptist preacher who takes his family to Africa to teach the Africans how to become civilized and be Christians. But nothing turns out the way it should and he is too closed-minded to reach the people, and he ends up teaching them nothing. His family learns from the experience and he doesn't - they leave him there, where he goes crazy and dies. Anyways, each chapter is told by the wife or the children. It's an Oprah Book Club book, and Oprah knows what's best for the world. Probably better than God. Well, maybe. TTFN

    ReplyDelete