Saturday, May 17, 2008

Garage Sale


Jason and I went to a neighborhood yard sale in a nearby church parking lot. I saw a little foot rest for $3, but Jason didn't like the 70s warm brown color of it, so our feet will have to continue to rest on the floor.

I have a dream of finding dumbbells really cheap! I have them going up to 20 pounds, but I am really trying to increase my strength, so I need bigger ones. I can do bicep curls and triceps extensions with the 20s, so imagine how heavy I could go for lat rows! I think I could handle 45s for back. But, they're expensive. I think you can estimate $1 per pound. I am looking into various sets that are adjustable, like Bowflex SelectTechs (pictured above) or Powerblocks. They are expensive, too, but probably end up costing less than buying 25s, 30s, 35s, 40s, and 45s. And they take up a lot less space.

We did not see any kind of weights at the yard sale, or anything else appealing.

We are thinking of moving, since I'm committing to working from home for now. We might as well be close to Jason's work, and live somewhere with air conditioning. We are on a month-to-month lease here, so it will be easy to time the move.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment