Monday, January 25, 2010

NO Reading?!?

I'm using the book The Artist's Way, and so is my mom), to help me let loose my creativity and feel more confident. It's like creativity rehab. So far it's felt pretty useful. I'm writing in a journal every morning, to expel any crapola that might hold me back during the day. I'm thinking about what I was like as a child, and what I was like pre-lawschool, and what I'd like to be like tomorrow. It's a good experience.

Well, the INSANE assignment for this week is NO READING. Wha?? How will I -- What will I -- WHAT the WHAT?

Okay, I see her point. If I stop immersing myself in someone else's imaginary world, or their real world, or their perspective, maybe I'll DO things in real life. Maybe I'll work on my own book or finish that Giant Squid crochet pattern I've been sitting on for maybe a year. Maybe I'll use some fabric and patterns that are already in my house, waiting to be made into cute clothes!

So, I guess I get it. It does seem worthwhile. That said, I read 7 pages of a paperback today -- I couldn't help it! I'll try to do better the rest of the week. Only 6 more days. And tonight. And right now.

Am I allowed to proofread this post, JULIA CAMERON, you big jerk???
.

No comments:

Post a Comment