Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My New Project

I've been working on a new (slightly terrifying) project: publishing a novel online. I'm writing it as I go, and I'm not 100% certain how the story ends, so I will be finding out along with you.

Here is my description:

Neighborhood Confessions is a novel that is told in three parts, on three different blogs. To get the whole story, read the entries of all three bloggers:

The Meanie is a woman who uses Mean Blog as a place to anonymously and harmlessly complain about her family, friends, and neighbors (who include The Snoop and The Reader).

The Snoop posts all the neighborhood gossip on Neighborhood Watch. She is an unrepentant agent provacateur, busybody, and spy -- even recruiting other neighbors to take part in her hobby. With too much time on her hands and an excess of imagination, she is disliked by all who enjoy a little privacy.

The Reader periodically "borrows" a sister's diary and posts the entries on My Sister's Diary without permission. The Reader sometimes adds a little commentary to the diary entries, filling in a few details for us about the neighborhood.

It is a tale of secrets, accidents, and hastily made bad decisions. I hope you will have as much fun reading it as I am having writing it!

There are two entries up so far, on Mean Blog and My Sister's Diary . I'll attempt to have an entry up almost every day (though probably just on one blog per day). I think it will last for about three months. I haven't seen this style of story-telling yet, and I hope it will be a lot of fun to write and to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment