Monday, December 14, 2009

New Dress

I finished sewing this dress the other day.

 


I'm not that experienced with making sleeves, so I'm thrilled with how they turned out.

 

The pattern is McCall's M5576. The fabric is Echino by Etsuko Furuya Fall 2009 Ornament Turquoise. It's a linen and cotton blend, and I love it, but I think this dress would have been better with a little stretch. It turns out that I am not very good at being ladylike. Wearing this dress, I am very aware of how often I make big movements: reaching, stretching, picking up heavy things, running up and down stairs, etc... In this dress, I have to be a little more calm or I will rip the seams apart, Hulk-style.

 



If anyone knows where I can get some really cute cotton fabrics with a little stretch, please let me know! The cutest fabric that I find always seems to be non-stretch.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. If you need more books, Jeannette Walls has a new one out: Half Broke Horses: A True-Life Novel. Barbara Kingsolver has a new one also: The Lacuna. I haven't read either yet, but am excited to read both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sparky! I am having fun sewing. I hope it doesn't break my arm like it did yours!

    I have both those books in my Amazon wishlist -- we are book twins. :)

    ReplyDelete