Monday, August 3, 2009

Little Bags

 

I love making these little bags. They are so simple and quick to make, but look so cute. It's very satisfying for the part of me that loves matching up the fabrics with the ribbons. I love the look of a stack of them.

BUT, I have cut out the fabric for a dress, which will not be quite so simple OR quick (though it's probably easy for a good sewer). I made a dress from the same pattern earlier this year, and it went quite well. This one will be made out of much nicer fabric, and I'm making it a little longer. I may cinch in the waist a bit more, too. I'm also debating adding sleeves, short or 3/4.

I doubt I'll have much time to work on it again until this weekend, but I'll be sure to get a picture up when it's finished.


Here is the pattern, from Simplicity.com. It's number 2925.

The fabric is Alexander Henry's Dewdrop in charcoal, with black shoulder straps (or Dewdrop sleeves).


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment