Monday, May 4, 2009

Great Monday

First of all, I decided to start jogging again. Okay, trying to jog. I'm using Couch to 5K, a plan to get non-runners in shape to run 3.1 miles in a row. Today was Day 1, and it went very well. I believe that I am in the best shape of my whole life right now, today.

I could still lose 10 pounds, and am slowly working on it, but I am so strong and have the most cardio capacity that I can remember. Ask me how my legs feel tomorrow, and I might tell you a different story. :)

Anyway, on the way home, I was jogging past these huge rocks that were dumped in a field next to a mini power plant or something. The something is unmarked, so I can't tell you what it really is. And I didn't take my camera, so I can't show you, either. The important thing is that upon those rocks, guess what was growing! MOSS!!!

I don't know if you remember my dream for my terrariums of having the ground covered in moss, but that dream had been stymied for 4 or 5 months. I had bought moss spores and planted them, and they never really took off and then they turned brown. I looked for moss around the lake, but I never found any.

Good thing I took that detour today to try to get all my running in without having to go around the lake twice!
I could only carry one clump home with me while I was jogging, but a couple hours later, I was still thinking about that moss and how great it would be to have more, more, more! I had planted the clump in my terrariums and it looked okay, but I kept imagining what it could look like with MORE moss.

 

So I got a messenger bag, lined it with a plastic bag with a wet paper towel inside it, and walked right back over. It was really the mother lode of moss, friends. Here's how it looks in the terrariums.

 


There are two different kinds, one lighter and one darker. The pictures will get bigger if you click on them.

Now I just hope I can keep it alive!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment