Sunday, September 14, 2008

Now I'm 32




It's a new year for me! I'm now 32, and I feel exactly like I did when I was 31, only much happier since I'm a year further away from law school. I have a little self-confidence coming back. I'm rediscovering things I have enjoyed doing for most of my life, like sewing and making things and painting and taking photographs. There are so many things I like doing, and for the last few years, I have been missing out on doing them. At the moment, I probably have too many hobbies going at once, but that's okay.

*I made a batch of soap last weekend and milled it this week. The base soap is olive oil, cocoa butter, and mango butter with lye. I made four varieties of milled soap: coffee (odor-eating, helpful when you've been cutting onions or garlic) with hazelnut fragrance; extra mango butter with cucumber-melon fragrance; extra mango butter with satsuma orange fragrance; extra cocoa butter with violet fragrance. They are curing now. I think it takes a couple of months before they're dry enough to use (if you tried to use them now, they'd just dissolve really quickly).

* I am going to make a couple of A-line skirts, based on a jean skirt that I really like. I will make up the pattern myself. The two tricky parts are: putting in the zippers and putting in the linings. I haven't sewed clothes since an unfortunate pants incident in 1997. I made this great pair of pants from a pattern, and I loved them, and I fitted them just right. At work, I squatted down to pick up a box from the floor, and the pants split open, horizontally, across the butt! I had to wrap my jacket around my waist and walk home to change. I never made pants again.

* I still have that novel going, which I occasionally think about, so that counts as actively writing in my book (HA! a writing pun for a nice Sunday).

* I have made 3 amigurumi animals in my quest to create enough to have a book and be a published crochet author.

I think there are a few more things, but that's enough for now, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Tonya! I'm such a jerk - I forgot your birthday! So sorry. Happy Birthday!

    Have you tried soap with lavender in it? I love that smell. What about an almond one? I love the smell of almond too. I'm sure there's lots of purposes for those things, too.

    ReplyDelete