Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Latest Project

 
 
I'm making a quilt! This side is done. The other side will also be quilted, so I guess it is reversible. The second side will be made of all different fabric, and with a different color combo. I think I will use navy for the edging, but I haven't decided yet.

Wow, it is a lot of work to make a big quilt! I am happy with how this side turned out. You can see that every square doesn't line up perfectly, and that is okay with me. I like how it looks.

Luckily for Jason, he is in Kansas so he doesn't have to try to live in a house that's been taken over by fabric, or sit at his place at the table while it's occupied by a sewing machine. I think I will be done with all the machine sewing before he gets back. Then I will get batting and figure out how to put the three layers together. I'm planning on doing that by hand. It may require use of the WHOLE dining room table, not just Jason's spot!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment