Friday, October 23, 2009

Book 82: The Coffin Dancer

Yet another Jeffery Deaver novel starring Lincoln Rhyme, the retired detective who still solves crimes. In this episode, an old enemy of Lincoln's returns: the hired killer who was responsible for the death of Lincoln's one-time love interest.

Besides being entertained by multiple characters and plot twists, we get to learn about airplanes and piloting -- pilotry -- being a pilot. Deaver seems to do a lot of research for each novel, and on a wide variety of topics, and we get to learn all that in addition to the latest in evidence examination.

I laughed out loud when I read a little bit of Deaver's bio the other night. "Former attorney and folksinger..." The folksinger bit really cracked me up. I just do not associate hippie folksinging with lawyers OR crime-solving. He is more complicated than I would have thought, had I ever thought about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment