Monday, August 4, 2008

Midgets

 
 

I've been eating a few tomatoes that I grew on the patio. This plant is called Mexico Midget, and the tomatoes are teeny tiny, but with a great, strong flavor. The plant is taller than I am.

I have other tomatoes growing in the front, and I've eaten one yellow cherry so far. The rest haven't ripened yet. I hope they will survive our vacation.

I like growing food! I have a dream of one day having a huge garden, and learning how to can and dry and freeze food so we can eat home grown food all winter long.

In other news, I have been using a different amigurumi book to make some other kinds of animals. These seem to go faster than the bears. They are pretty little, so that makes them go faster.

Amugurumi World is a very cute book. I've only used two patterns so far, but I haven't found any mistakes yet, which is nice. I'm not good enough at crochet to fix people's patterns!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Bring your Amigurumi World book with you - I want to see it! I'm excited for you and your tomatoes. I had cherry tomatoes, jalepenos, squash, and canteloupe last year. There were only two canteloupes and they broke off the vine before they were completely ripened. Did you know that you cannot ripen a melon by leaving it on your kitchen counter or putting it in a paper bag? I had to throw them away. But the squash, jalepenos, and tomatoes were yummy.

    ReplyDelete