Monday, March 15, 2010

New House?

It seems like I haven't been here forever, but it's only been a week. Phew!

My work was crazy-busy for a few weeks, AND we are under contract on a house, so that has been making FEEL super busy even though I'm mostly just moving in there in my mind.

Now, it is only like 90% certain that this will be our house. But our hearts already live there. Within two weeks, it should be completely settled one way or the other. Then I can REALLY start gushing and planning (okay, I've already planned out almost every detail of the entire property, but let's pretend that I am holding myself back just in case it doesn't happen).

Here is the view from just inside the front door.

 

The sellers have allegedly removed those peel-n-stick mirror squares from the wall AND repaired the wall underneath. We'll see.

Please note the wallpaper border in the kitchen. I'll be removing that on Day 1 or Day 2. Hopefully it will come down much more easily and quickly than did the USA VARSITY SPORTS border in our current place.

Here's part of the back yard. There is some grass and there is a lot of rock landscaping. We are thrilled with the rock because we don't have to do anything to maintain it right now. BUT, we can just move it and cut through the plastic liner and put in trees, bushes, flowers, and my garden.

Did you already know that my destiny is to be a Crazy Gardening Lady? Well, get ready for lots of posts about it. I'm window shopping online and in catalogs and have already picked out tons of plants that I HAVE to have right away. Lots of flowers for cutting, and flowers for leaving outside, and things that smell good, and things that are pretty, and lots of food plants: berries, tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, melons, grapes, herbs, and so on.

Of course I am also drawn to weird-looking plants, and I'm sure I will include some novelties in the yard.

 

And here is the advertised "Wet Bar" which is dry as a bone. It is enormous and quite perplexing. It is very tall, and it takes up most of that section of the basement, so where would people be hanging out? I don't know if we'll decide we can make it work, or if sledgehammers will finally be coming into our lives.

 

And here's our inspector, Jim, checking out the strange old washing machine. The machine does not have any knob for selecting the temperature of the water. ?????



 

Don't worry, we already chose all new appliances. AND we entered a drawing to win a bright red washer and dryer. If we win, I'll have to adjust my paint choices for the laundry room, but it will be totally worth it.

Okay, I swear I will work on Neighborhood Confessions and try to write a lot this week. Once we close on the house, I doubt I will be able to think about anything else for a month or a year or forever. Probably just a month a two. :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Premature congratulations! If I lived closer I would make this cheesecake and bring it over:
    http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2010/02/07/loud-and-proud/
    I hope you have wacky neighbors that you get to write about (real ones!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michele!! That cheesecake looks awesome. I hope the neighbors aren't annoying, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

    ReplyDelete