Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Bone Collector -- The Movie

Well, I tried to watch this today, but I really couldn't get into it. Jolie's acting is so flat!

One funny difference from the book is that Rhymes's medical aide, a sharp-dressing young man named Thom, is replaced by a frumpy Queen Latifah. I guess the movie was made before her glamorous makeover.

Amelia's last name is changed from Sachs to Donaghy, maybe to make her seem Irish since they didn't get her hair red. It looks like they tried to dye it red, but it was just too dark.

I guess I'm almost burned out on Deaver for a bit. I'm in the middle of his The Empty Chair, but I've also started The Lace Reader, which is general fiction. It has been described by words like "haunting," "bewitching," and "astonishing." We'll see.



My bookmark is a cute-cute photo of my friend Sparky's little boy, which makes me happy every time I see it. I need to print out some photos of my adorable niece, but I never get around to it. That's the one problem with digital photos -- you don't have to print them to see them, so it's easy to put that off.

No comments:

Post a Comment